Friday, November 2, 2012

Creating Motivation

Well, I've been absent from my own world it seems. I've been struggling with writing. Not that I've nothing to write, but I've had a hard time getting myself to just sit at the keyboard and write. In August I'd done the 31 Plays In 31 Days and wrote every day, building some really good bones for future short plays and hopefully even a one-act. I'm going to self-publish what I did in August through CreateSpace in the next couple of months. No one will read this, so it doesn't matter.
So with the last two months being a struggle to commit myself to writing I have taken the great leap to join in on NaNoWriMo. Yep, I'm committing to writing a novel in a month. And it's not something I've worked on before that I'll be perfecting. No, it's an idea I've had for a while, started as a first person short story, and thought there was enough in the idea that it could be an 80,000 word novel, if I would just write it. And so I am. So, two days in and I've written 4700 words. They are hoping to get people to a 50,000 total but I'll need to find another 30,000 words in me somewhere. Once done I'll need to rewrite. Probably extensively, but at least I'll have something to work on and hopefully the momentum will carry me forward into the following months. We've a baby on the way, so that'll make things interesting.

Anyway, just checking in. Though no one's here. I like an empty room. So uncluttered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment