Friday, September 7, 2012

So I was thinking, after the completion of 31 Plays In 31 Days, that I'd print out the plays and then have that as a reference.
I'm already working on several of those plays, cleaning, expanding, developing them into ten-minute plays. Several others look like they could serve as the inspiration for a one-act play. Ironic, seeing as how they are about muses.
But the cost of printing and binding was over ten bucks. Which isn't much but for what you get, I was kind of, meh, on the whole thing.
Then I remembered Creatspace. That's Amazons self-publishing arm. I can build my own book, create my own cover, and if I use there IBSN numbers, there's no charge. The best thing, though, is that I can buy "author copies" for aproximately four bucks. With shipping it's still less than ten and it's a normal book size.
So that's what I'm going to do. I just have to figure out what format I want to use, format the document, put an introduction, and create a cover. All of which I should be able to do. But then it'll actually be available for purchase online. Which'll be weird since the plays aren't, in their current condition, polished. So I'll need to make sure that I have that explained on the back of the book, perhaps.
Presently I am going to title the book: Raw Ingredients. That's because they are raw and I'm already making new things from them. Here's the list of titles:


The Inventory

Play 01 – Beginnings
Play 02 – For Your Own Good
Play 03 – Boxes
Play 04 – Muse 911
Play 05 – You Are Here
Play 06 – DiaperTowel
Play 07 – Stranger Encounter
Play 08 – Bonding
Play 09 – Ice Water In The Balance
Play 10 – Wild Things
Play 11 – Training Day: Muse Style
Play 12 – Get In The Box
Play 13 – In Your Face
Play 14 – Bippity Boppity Nope
Play 15 – The Human Dilemma
Play 16 – Questions
Play 17 – Taking Control: Muse Style
Play 18 – R and R Incorporated
Play 19 – Coolness
Play 20 – Neutrality
Play 21 – My Kingdom
Play 22 – Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String
Play 23 – Onward
Play 24 – The Reception You Are Receiving
Play 25 – What's This Do
Play 26 – Big Bad World
Play 27 – If I Were To Repeat Myself
Play 28 – He's Touching You
Play 29 – The Birth of Art: Muse Style
Play 30 – Dumas' Invitation
Play 31 – On The Clock
Play 32 – Revolution: Muse Style

Again, if you found this page and got this far, drop a line.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment