Friday, January 9, 2015

Back it up, try, try again.

So, as I mentioned yesterday, I was probably going to have to back up and rewrite from a certain point.
That's pretty much what I did.
This morning, as my daughter was sleeping in longer than her normal 7 am, I found I had a little extra time to write. I wrote 3 and 1/2 pages of notes. I wrote thoughts and ideas about what I had and where it was going, what I was missing, and some dialogue that occurred to me.
Now, this evening, as I wrap up for the evening, I have rewritten around four pages of new lines. The current page count is 37. Which means I wrote about four pages this evening. Tomorrow I'd like to get four more pages and have forty by the tenth day. That's still a good number to have at this point. It means I can still finish the whole play by the end of the month and actually have a good draft.
Tonight, instead of sharing dialogue I thought I'd show what my notes look like. If they seem cryptic, that's just my handwriting.
Here it is:

-----


-----

More tomorrow. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment