Monday, January 12, 2015

Didn't see that coming.

Today, my daughter has been sick. Despite that, I managed to pull four more pages together.
I shifted to be beginning of Act II today and have begun to approach the lottery scene from that direction. I feel a bit like I'm laying tile and when I'm done writing the scenes I'll have to go back and add the grout, the little bit that connects the tiles to each other. Well, not really, but the idea kind of works.
Also got a surprise email today. RonWeaver, over at PlayCafe, has been working on a play development program where playwrights can get their play of any length read by actors and then get feedback from the actors, a director, and a dramaturg. I'd put my name in the hat, thinking that one day I might get picked.
Today's email was to let me know that I'll be the inaugural play/playwright for the new venture. Exciting and disconcerting at the same time. I know I'm not sitting before judges, but I still always feel like I'm being judged.
It's going to be a great opportunity and I'll have to keep myself - the only person who reads this - updated on how the process goes.
In the mean time, here's my cats:


If this were reddit, I'd get at least one upvote. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment