Monday, January 19, 2015

Treading water in a current.

So, short post. I worked on Ms Tittle's today. I hadn't the past few days, partially because I'd stopped to work on two 10-minute plays that I needed to (1) turn in, and (2) bring to a playwright scene night. The problem I have found is that when I stop moving on a piece, I often never get back to it. I didn't want that to happen here, but it was. So, this morning I did manage to work on stuff. I wrote seven pages but it probably didn't increase the play page count. That's because I went back and started reworking the last third of Act I. It didn't feel good as it was and that was bugging me. I was aware that part of my stalling had to do with my not being comfortable with how that section was bending the play. I needed the play to do something else. With that in mind, I spent the morning writing lines from scratch. Now I have to go and weave it into the rest of the act and see how it blends.
So, I may have not gotten anywhere, but I was creating new material.

No dialogue to share, no picture to post. How about a joke?

Q: What did one snowman say to the other?
A: Do you smell carrots?

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment