Saturday, January 10, 2015

Closed for repairs.

So, no lines of dialogue were written today. This doesn't mean that nothing got done. As it turns out, important things got done.
I ran errands with my wife and daughter today. Spent some time sitting in the car, waiting. Fortunately I've started to carry a notebook again. (If you write, you should probably consider always having a notebook in easy reach.) I had some thoughts about the first act and some rearranging of events in the last third of the act. And, since I'd written down dialogue for the end of the play, I also made more notes about the second act. That lead to me writing a brief outline of that act.
Now I have a skeleton of an outline for act II. What that means is that I am more comfortable with how that act will go. I wasn't as sure on the details for Act II when I started writing the play, this has cleared out some of the fog of confusion. I'll be putting that new information into a slide presentation so I can fill each scene out, adding all the detail I feel like I'll need to write the act.
As I said. I've nothing to show for the day, as far as lines of dialogue, but I've accomplished so much more.

Here's a rainbow from Maui, Hawaii, so you don't feel like you've wasted your time here. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment